- Feed the animals — our many pets. The birds, the cat, and the fish. The cat usually gets fed first, as we have to “wake up” the other animals. That, and they can’t bug you for food like a cat does.
- Water the garden. Give it a long, slow drip in three different places for about a half-hour apiece.
- Harvest some lettuce, which is incredibly easy to do, and tastes totally unlike store-bought lettuce!
- Read a bit of Food Not Lawns.
- Move the hose over to another spot in the garden.
- Work on plans to convert a corner of the front yard to garden areas.
- Read a bit of The Urban Homestead
- Move the hose over to another spot in the garden. This is the third time I’ve done it, but the long+slow dose works infinitely better than a quick sprinkle.
The revolution will not be televised like so much food porn or garden porn. It will, however, grow in our back yards.