It gives me great pleasure to announce that Eating Liberally will begin meeting this September!
This newest liberal-minded social group offers something not found at Drinking Liberally — food! And as often as we can get it, food that was locally grown. Imagine the good conversations you’ve had at DL, suffused with the sights and smells of some of our favorite local eateries. Sound good? Here’s the low-down:
* Eating Liberally meets on the FIRST Wednesday of each month. (D.L. meets an hour later on the third Wednesday.)
* Our initial get-together will be at 6PM on Wednesday, September 3 at Transfer, 101 W. Mitchell Street. See below for details.
* We plan to eat at a different restaurant each time, some west, some south. We will come back to Transfer every few months.
* Bring your kids and friends; it’s all-ages!
* We plan to eat at local farmers markets in the summer of 2009!
The first get-together will be on Wednesday, September 3 at Transfer Pizzeria Cafe, located at 101 W. Mitchell Street at the intersection of First & Mitchell. On Transfer’s “Walker Rebate Wednesdays” — which happens to be when Eating Liberally meets — anyone who rides the bus or bikes to Transfer gets a 10% 20% (!) discount on their order. Finally, something you can thank Scott Walker for!
The next two Eating Liberally get-togethers will be on Wednesday, October 1 at Beans & Barley, 1901 E. North Avenue on Milwaukee’s upper east side, and a post-Election Day gathering on November 5 at Bella’s Fat Cat, 2737 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue in Bay View. (Hopefully we’ll have a lot to celebrate!) Then on December 3, we’ll round off the year back at Transfer.
In 2009, Eating Liberally plans to meet at Stone Fly Brewing Company, Maxie’s Southern Comfort, and Rice Palace Asian Cuisine. We’ll make one last stop at Transfer in April ’09 before going to farmers markets over the summer.
Finally, Jeff Bedel will be the primary host of Eating Liberally. Big thanks to Jeff, and I hope we all have a great time there.
“Eat, drink, and be liberal!”