We the People of Milwaukee asked for and voted in favor of the 1%. Let’s make it happen!
Copying an email from Bill Sell — hope you don’t mind that, Bill —
Once more into the breach (vote expected this Thursday)
A call today, or tonight (voice mail or fax or email is fine) to
John Lehman (d)
Senate District 21, Racine
PO Box 7882
608 267-6793 fax
To ask him to support RTA and Milwaukee’s desire for a sales tax to pay our own way to fix our parks and transit
pick any of one or two or three reasons:
* Today 40,000 jobs are inaccessible to public transportation in Milwaukee due to the Walker bus cuts.
* If our buses do not get dedicated funding, the number of inaccessible jobs will rise to something over 100,000.
* Milwaukee voted to fix this with a rise in our County’s sales tax. And a reduction in our property tax. Our bus system will die without this change.
and please say THANK YOU for his support
thanks so much
peace and joy to all, especially
* our Milwaukee workers and students who are
* carless for any reason
* seniors who should not be driving
We also need to push Lena Taylor and Pedro Colón on this, as they both sit on Joint Finance.Let’s make it happen!