The Feingold campaign has a very sincere new ad with bits from his 1992 ads, which featured Feingold making his simple pledge to Wisconsin voters. If you recall, he had his campaign promises painted on his garage door. They were:
- I will rely on Wisconsin citizens for most of my contributions.
- I will live in Middleton, Wisconsin. My children will go to school here and I will spend most of my time here in Wisconsin.
- I will accept no pay raise during my six-year term in office.
- I will hold a “Listening Session” in each of Wisconsin’s 72 counties each year of my six-year term in office.
- I will hire the majority of my Senate staff from individuals who are from Wisconsin or have Wisconsin backgrounds.
I’m glad to say that Senator Feingold has kept to his promises. Wisconsinites have a strong affinity for our senator. And I want to keep him working for us in Washington.
Oh, and here’s the new ad, called “Garage Door.” Enjoy.