[We will be taking part in this!]
How many gardens can we plant in Milwaukee in one weekend?
The Victory Garden Initiative, Transition Milwaukee, Community Growers, and other partners will attempt to answer that question on Memorial Day weekend, when teams of volunteers will install gardens at a number of sites around Milwaukee. Planned sites include private homes, a rooftop
garden at a local business, a food pantry, a church, and schools. The goal is to bring attention to the importance of cultivating community resilience through gardening – anywhere and everywhere, and now! There has never been a better time for gardening!
• Provides food security in an unstable economy.
• Reduces our dependence on fossil fuels.
• Know where you food comes from and how it’s grown.
How you can help:
• Come play in the dirt with us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 414-333-2537 to volunteer.
• Gather a team and start your own garden project! Get help and learn
more at thevictorygardeninitiative.com.
• Donate. We need soil, lumber, plants, rainbarrels, and more. Cash &
material donations are much appreciated… and tax-deductible!
• Spread the word! Call or email your friends, share this flier, write a
letter to your local paper, post or make an announcement at your
church, school, workplace, or organization. Let’s get growing!
This is a grassroots movement.
Move grass. Grow food.